Your old wooden furniture may have accumulated a layer of grime, making it difficult for you to see the beautiful finish it once had. But don’t be afraid! With proper cleaning and maintenance, your old wooden furniture will return to its original luster in no time.
Since the wood is old, you’ll need to start by using a mild cleaning solution to clean off the dust and grime. After that, it’s just a matter of removing any stains or marks on the furniture ( Cheap Rattan Furniture Sets ) and applying a light finish and it’s as good as new! With proper maintenance, your old wooden furniture will keep looking clean and shiny.
1. Test dishwashing soap in an inconspicuous spot. Before you clean your old wooden furniture with dishwashing soap, you need to test it to make sure it won’t damage the wood or the finish.
Take a damp cotton ball, add 1 drop of liquid dish soap, then wipe it on any hidden area, like the inside of a chair leg. If detergent runs out or runs out, do not use it.
Wait about 5 minutes after applying the soap before you apply it to make sure it won’t damage your old wooden furniture.
If soap damages the finish, clean it off with just water.
2. Mix mild dishwashing soap and warm water to make a cleaning solution. In a medium-sized bucket, mix 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of dishwashing soap and 1 gallon (1.9 L) of warm water. Shake them well to mix them. Make sure the soap is completely mixed with the water and that you have a foamy cleaning solution.
3. Clean wooden furniture with soap and water. Dip a soft cloth in the solution and wring it out to remove excess water. Wipe down the entire piece of furniture, making sure you get into nooks and crannies. Lightly rub the cloth in a circular motion across the surface of the wood.
Also visit: Outdoor Daybeds
Whenever the cloth looks dirty, wash it. Be sure to drain it thoroughly each time you soak it in the cleaning solution.
Do not soak or saturate the wood or you could damage it!
4. Use a non-gel toothpaste and toothbrush to clean the crevices. If your old wooden furniture has stains in the nooks and crannies that are hard to reach, apply some non-gel toothpaste to the area and wait 5 minutes for it to soak in. Then, take a soft-bristled toothbrush and gently scrub away the toothpaste. ,
5. Dry the wood completely with a dry cloth. When you are finished wiping the Rattan Corner Sofa Sets with the cleaning solution, take a fresh, clean cloth and go over the surface of the wood to dry and buff it. Make sure every piece of furniture is completely dry.
Use a lint-free cloth to avoid leaving any residue on the furniture.
Also visit these top blogs